This is the first chance I’ve had to reflect on this year’s A to Z Challenge because before it was officially over, I started my next travel adventure!
This was was my third year in doing the challenge. I do it to try to write more throughout the year and become more disciplined in writing my blog. Does it work? Well, it does help me plan more about my topic and get a better focus. However, I don’t seem to maintain a more consistent writing habit.
And, as I mentioned at the top, the challenge ended as I started on a new adventure. I did not have a good opportunity to update a blog “on the go”. Part of this is I am too busy exploring new places. I really want to get away from some of the technology and immerse myself in the process of traveling. But, I do have lots of notes on places you may never have heard of before! So, for the next few weeks, I will begin to share new experiences about my latest travel adventure.
My advice for others on this challenge is this:
- Write ahead of time
- Schedule your posts for automatic publishing
- Be creative — some letters are harder than others!
- Have fun!
Here is a review of my 2016 A to Z Challenge:
- New Acropolis Museum, Athens
- Museum Island, Berlin
- Cairo, Egypt
- Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Ephesus, Turkey
- Gardens in Valencia
- Hopewell Rocks, New Brunswick, Canada
- Inverness, Scotland
- Journeys through the Land of the Dead
- La Habana Viejo
- Mdina, Malta
- Naples National Archaeology Museum
- Prince Edward Island, Canada
- Quebec’s Gaspe Peninsula, Canada
- Rouen, France
- Toledo, Spain
- Vasa Museum in Stockholm, Sweden
- Xtra special: Sailing into Venice, Italy
- Y Mas: My five top places
- Z-end: Sunsets
Until next year … don’t just dream, do it!